Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Prices quoted includes the following:
- Fully comprehensive insurance for one driver aged between 23 and 75 – see details of insurance below.
- Unlimited mileage.
- UK & EU Breakdown cover.
- A full tank of fuel, please return to us full.
- All cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery, and onboard equipment. See our FAQ for full details.
- A full bottle of camping gas.
- Any optional or added extras selected during the booking.
Included in the price is fully comprehensive cover for one driver. Driver criteria are as follows:
- Drivers must be between 25 and 70 years old. Contact us if you fall outside this bracket as we might be able to arrange something for an additional fee.
- £500 excess applies, i.e. you will be responsible for paying the first £500 of all claims, this will normally be taken from your security deposit. See below.
- Valid UK or EU licence held for more than two years with no more than two convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
- Non UK & EU licences may be accepted, please contact us for more details.
- Up to 3 additional drivers can be added at a cost of £5 per driver as long as they meet the same criteria.
- All driver details must be provided ahead of time and all drivers must be present on day of pick up.
- Each driver must provide the driver’s license card part and two proofs of address in the form of bank/utility statements. Please note mobile bills cannot be accepted.
- Each UK driver will need to provide us with a DVLA licence check code ahead of the hire – for more information visit https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence. It is important to note that you will need your national insurance number to use the service. We will be unable to add the driver unless this code has been provided.
- Drivers are responsible for all legal penalties, speeding fines, parking tickets etc. which are incurred during the period of hire.
- In the event of any damage to either, the vehicle, equipment or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the excess. The hirer will also be fully liable for replacement or repair of windscreen or tyre damage.
- Insurance provided by Shore Campers only covers the vehicle and does not cover personal possessions, we strongly recommend that you take out insurance to cover your personal items during the rental period.
A refundable security deposit of £500 must be paid in full prior to the start of the rental period. This is to cover the insurance excess in the unlikely event of an accident and the possibility of any damage to the campervan, fixtures or equipment during the hire period. The campervan will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be returned with a full tank, if not we will use the security deposit to cover costs for refuelling. We will issue the refund of your security deposit by bank transfer within 7 days of the end of the hire less any cost of repairs, replacement, refuelling or cleaning charges and you will be provided with an itemised invoice detailing those costs. For any legal penalties, speeding fines, parking tickets etc. that we receive after the event you will be sent an invoice to cover the costs.
European travel is included however please contact us ahead of time to provide details of the trip.
All payments will be processed via Stripe, our payment provider, with debit or credit cards. Availability is on a request and confirmation basis at the time of your reservation. A reservation is only binding once a booking deposit has been paid and a reservation confirmation email has been sent by Shore Campers. Once the reservation has been confirmed our terms and conditions and cancellation policies will apply. You may choose to pay a deposit (the value of the booking deposit is 50% of the total booking amount) but the full balance must be paid at least 4 weeks before booking commences. If the booking is within 4 weeks, the full hire amount must be paid at the time of booking.
Coupons, voucher codes and discounts are limited to one per booking and can not be used in conjunction with other offers. The 5% and 10% discounts for bookings over 7 and 14 days respectively cannot be used when other discounts are applied.
You must contact us by email to cancel your booking. Cancellation charges are as follows:
- More than 4 weeks before hire date: £30 administration fee will be taken from your booking deposit with the remainder returned in full.
- Less than 4 weeks before hire date: The full booking deposit will be taken.
- Less than 1 week before hire date: The full booking fee will be taken.
Collection & Return
You should allow around 1 hour for us to show you around the campervan, transfer your luggage and to complete any documentation that might be required. Please also allow the same amount of time to return the campervan for all necessary inspection and sign-off to be completed. Please ensure you give yourself enough time to return bearing in mind the roads can get quite congested during the summer. If you are running late we must be advised immediately as failure to do so may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. Failure to return the vehicle on time could affect the next person to hire the campervan and will incur a £50/hour charge that will be taken out of your security deposit.
Collection times are 15:00-17:30 but we could be flexible depending on preceding bookings, please contact us for further information.
Return times are 08:00-11:00. Again please get in touch if you would like to make alternative arrangements.
Our campervans may only be driven on surfaced roads except for campsites. Shore Campers reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict the campervan movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
Use of the Vehicle
The campervan is not to be driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner; used in a manner which could cause damage; driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law; left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied; left unoccupied without the radio faceplate removed; valuables concealed; driven by persons under the age of 25 years or who is not authorised by law to drive the campervan or named in the agreement; damaged by submersion in water; put into contact with salt water; used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest; used to tow any vehicle or trailer; used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward; used to carry more than 4; used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material; or otherwise used in breach of the Hirers obligations under this Agreement. The vehicle you have hired may be fitted with a tracking device, which may be used to ensure safe and compliant operation of the vehicle in line with the terms of this agreement. If the vehicle is not returned on the agreed date, time and place we may use the data recorded on the device to recover our vehicle.
Alterations to the Vehicle
The Hirer shall not make any alterations or additions to the campervan without the prior consent of Shore Campers.
The Hirer will not allow anyone to smoke in the vehicle as Shore Campers has a strict no smoking policy in our campervans and awnings. A valeting charge will be incurred by the Hirer if this policy is ignored.
Pets can be allowed but only upon prior arrangement and an additional cleaning fee may apply contact us to discuss further.
The Hirer shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including oil checks and water, and acknowledge that Shore Campers will reimburse the Hirer for expenditure up to £100 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the engine of the campervan, provided that the Hirer produces relevant receipts at the end of the hire period and have received the prior consent of Shore Campers and that the damage is not due to any fault or by breach of this Agreement of the Hirer.
Responsibility if an accident occurs
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, the Hirer will notify Shore Campers as soon as possible within 24hrs of the happening of the event, obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station. Also, the Hirer will complete a European accident report form as relevant, not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer.
The Hirer undertakes to assist Shore Campers in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence.
Terminating the Agreement
The Hirer acknowledges that Shore Campers may terminate this Agreement and repossess the campervan at any time, without notification to the Hirer, and that the Hirer will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the campervan, including towing charges if the Hirer is in breach of any term of this Agreement, has obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation, the Vehicle appears to be abandoned, the Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Shore Campers reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date, Shore Campers considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is endangered. In the event of such termination or repossession, the Hirer has no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit.
Change of Vehicle
Shore Campers reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable or similar Vehicle for the Vehicle.
Release and indemnity of Shore Campers
Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, the Hirer releases Shore Campers, its employees and agents, from any liability to the Hirer (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by the Hirer by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose, any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Shore Campers premises or recovered or handled by Shore Campers. Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Shore Campers, the Hirer hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Shore Campers, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
Title to Vehicle
The Hirer acknowledges that Shore Campers retains title to the Vehicle and that the Hirer possess the goods as a mere bailee only and do not have any right to pledge Shore Campers’ credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so and shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
Definitions of Terms and Conditions:
“The Hirer” refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers.
“This Agreement'” means the Rental Agreement, the insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
“Shore Campers” is the legal owner or legal representative of the owner of the campervan.
“Customer” means the person or persons nominated as the hirer in the booking.
“Hire Details” on the insurance Motor Rental Agreement and any other person whose cheque is presented in payment of the customer’s charges.
“Equipment” includes but is not limited to the power pack, gas bottle, fridge, SatNav/Audio unit, bike rack, crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pillows, sheets and any extra rented items such as awnings, WC and the like.
“Rental Period” means the hire period referred to under the heading ‘Booking Details’ on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the Hirers possession or control.
“Vehicle” means the vehicle described under the heading “Vehicle Details” on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle that may be provided at the discretion of Shore Campers.
“Security Deposit” means the Vehicle security deposit detailed under the heading “Vehicle Security Deposit” in the Motor Rental Agreement.
By commencing a booking with Shore Campers the hirer agrees to pay:
- All rental charges.
- The required security deposit.
- A cleaning fee if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
- The nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance of delivery of the vehicle.
- The cost of any damage to the Vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance cover.
- All parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the Vehicle; and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the Rental Period
- Any other fees or charges payable by the Hirer pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Shore Campers as a result of any breach by the Hirer of the terms of this Agreement.
Total charges as set out therein are not final. The Hirer will pay any shortfall in charges to Shore Campers and will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Shore Campers.
This agreement shall be governed by English Law
This Agreement, constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Shore Campers reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.