Last updated: 23/2/21
We are currently taking bookings from the 12th April 2021 and beyond. Under the government’s plans, campsites should be able to reopen from 12th April (subject to certain conditions).
For all campervan trips taken between 12th April and 17th May, we’ll add a self-containment kit including portable toilet, camping shower and privacy tent free of charge.
Please ensure you check your campsite of choice is open and taking campervan bookings (with portable facilities) – they will not be able to open shared facilities until after 17th May. We envisage things to be a lot more open and available after this date – it should be a great summer!
We want to make it easy and risk-free for you, so we have introduced more flexibility to our terms so that you can to reschedule your booking or even cancel, without penalties, up to two weeks before your hire date, if you need – check the details below. We’ve removed all admin fees and introduced more flexibility. (Aside from this, we always encourage customers to take out their own travel insurance to protect their trips.)
We have been working to ensure we follow government guidelines and that our vehicles and handovers are as safe as possible. Here are some of the measures we have put in place:
- We are taking extra social distancing measures during campervan handover and returns and altering some of the ways we deal with things like paperwork – more information provided closer to your collection date.
- There is a day between a campervan being returned and it going out again.
- We continue to rigorously clean and sanitise the vans between hires. When a campervan returns to us all of its contents are swapped out with a clean set, giving us time to give everything that came back a thorough clean.
- As usual, there is antibacterial cleaner and hand sanitiser in the vans for hirers.
- We have removed things that are difficult to clean between hires – alas that means the playing cards, road atlas, colouring sheets/crayons, book, herbs and olive oil are out! However, we’ve decided to include some bunting which hopefully adds a nice touch and is a lot easier to clean between hires.
- We’ve got new extras you can choose to add to your hire, such as the Porta Potti, camping shower and privacy tent if you want to be more isolated on your camping trip.
We are certified by VisitBritain’s We’re Good To Go industry standard, confirming we have put measures in place and changed the way we do some things so that we are in line with the official guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England on maintaining cleanliness and social distancing.
You can view our certificate here.
Booking your campervan holiday
We continue to take bookings for later in the year. We appreciate that the situation is evolving and government advice and lockdown rules change and we want to make it easy and risk-free for you, so we have introduced more flexibility to our terms. You can reschedule your booking or even cancel, without penalties, up to two weeks before your hire date, if you need.
During these unprecedented times we have relaxed our cancellation policy and removed admin fees. (Aside from this, we always encourage customers to take out their own travel insurance to protect their trips.)
Postponement and cancellations
Up to 2 weeks prior to your hire start date:
You can postpone your holiday free of charge, and should you need to cancel you will receive a full refund.
Within 2 weeks of your hire start date:
You can postpone or be credited for a future hire equivalent to the full cost, to be used within 12 months. No refund will be given.
You will be able to reschedule your booking for another date within 12 months (with no admin fee) – pending availability, and you can switch campervans if you want, for availability. We can issue you with a voucher/credit if you are unsure of dates. If the rescheduled holiday is of greater value you can top it up, or if it is of lesser value we’ll issue you a voucher for the difference. We ask that any changes are made in good time, and no later than 48 hours before your departure date.
Covid and lockdowns
When hires are able to go ahead:
When you collect the campervan you’ll be confirming you are fit and free from COVID-19 symptoms or had any contact with others affected.
You must follow any local lockdown rules/guidance where you live, along your route and at your destination.
If stronger lockdown measures are introduced that prevent non-essential travel during your hire period, you must return the vehicle immediately. We will issue you with a credit note for any remaining nights.
Please let us know if you have any queries about any of this. We reserve the right to amend these terms at any stage. Thank you for your support and understanding in these challenging times. Stay safe!