Since 4th July when we were able to re-open, we’ve had a successful summer enabling all your campervan staycations and adventures! Under current government guidelines, taking a campervan to go on holiday or for overnight stays is allowed and campsites are able to open (subject to certain measures).
We are currently taking bookings for campervan holidays over autumn and beyond (and advance bookings for next year) and we have relaxed our cancellation and postponement policy – please see the information below about this.
We have been working to ensure we follow government guidelines and that our vehicles and handovers are as safe as possible. Here are some of the measures we have put in place:
- We are taking extra social distancing measures during campervan handover and returns and altering some of the ways we deal with things like paperwork – more information provided closer to your collection date.
- We ensure there is a day between a campervan being returned and it going out again.
- We continue to rigorously clean and sanitise the vans between hires. When a campervan returns to us all of its contents are swapped out with a clean set, giving us time to give everything that came back a thorough clean.
- As usual, there is antibacterial cleaner and hand sanitiser in the vans for hirers.
- We have removed things that are difficult to clean between hires – alas that means the playing cards, road atlas, colouring sheets/crayons, book, herbs and olive oil are out! However, we’ve decided to include some bunting which hopefully adds a nice touch and is a lot easier to clean between hires.
- We’ve got new extras you can choose to add to your hire, such as the Porta Potti, camping shower and privacy tent if you want to be more isolated on your camping trip.
We are certified by VisitBritain’s We’re Good To Go industry standard, confirming we have put measures in place and changed the way we do some things so that we are in line with the official guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England on maintaining cleanliness and social distancing.
You can view our certificate here.
Booking your campervan holiday in 2020
We are happy to be able to provide campervans for your road trips and adventures, and we continue to take bookings throughout autumn and beyond into 2021. We appreciate that government advice may change and we want to make it easy and risk-free for you, so we have introduced more flexibility to our terms so that you can to reschedule your booking or even cancel, without penalties, up to two weeks before your hire date, if you need.
During these unprecedented times we have decided to review and relax our cancellation policy and remove admin fees. (Aside from this, we always encourage customers to take out their own travel insurance to protect their trips.)
Postponement and cancellations
Up to 2 weeks prior to your hire start date:
You can postpone your holiday free of charge, and should you need to cancel you will receive a full refund.
Within 2 weeks of your hire start date:
You can postpone or be credited for a future hire equivalent to the full cost, to be used within 12 months. No refund will be given.
You will be able to reschedule your booking for another date within 12 months (with no admin fee) – pending availability, and you can switch campervans if you want, for availability. We can issue you with a voucher/credit if you are unsure of dates. If the rescheduled holiday is of greater value you can top it up, or if it is of lesser value we’ll issue you a voucher for the difference. We ask that any changes are made in good time, and no later than 48 hours before your departure date.
Covid and lockdowns
When you collect the campervan you’ll be confirming you are fit and free from COVID-19 symptoms or had any contact with others affected.
You must follow any local lockdown rules/guidance where you live, along your route and at your destination.
If stronger lockdown measures are introduced that prevent non-essential travel during your hire period, you must return the vehicle immediately. We will issue you with a credit note for any remaining nights.
Please let us know if you have any queries about any of this. We reserve the right to amend these terms at any stage. Thank you for your support and understanding in these challenging times. Stay safe!