The current government guidelines mean that renting a campervan to go on holiday or for overnight stays is not allowed whilst this level of social distancing is in place. We will be updating this page as and when there are any changes to this.
We are currently:
- Taking bookings for holidays in the future – please see the information below about this.
- Renting out our campervans for immediate use by key workers as emergency accommodation, for instance if they need to isolate themselves from vulnerable people or if they are working away from home so that they can continue to work. Read our information for key workers here.
Campervan holidays in 2020
We are taking bookings for later in the year (and beyond). According to the government roadmap, if all goes according to plan, campsites will be able to re-open from 4th July. Based on that we envisage we will be able to hire out campervans from that date. But we appreciate that it is difficult to make plans when a lot is still unknown and government advice may change. We want to make it easy and risk-free for you, so we have introduced a lot more flexibility to our terms so that you can to amend your booking or even cancel, without penalties, if you need.
The ability to reschedule with no admin fee
Refund option with no admin fee
If you make a booking for any date in 2020, you will be able to reschedule your booking for another date later in 2020 or even in 2021 (just pending availability – and you can switch campervans if you want, for availability). This can be done any time up to seven days before your booking starts.
Likewise, you also have the option to cancel and get a full refund minus the card processing fee (which, as an example, on a three night break in peak summer would be about £4) up to seven days before the booking.
For example, if you book a campervan for a week at the end of August, but restrictions are still in place or tougher restrictions come back into force at short notice, you can then contact us any time up to seven days before the hire period to swiftly move to a new date that suits you, without any admin fees incurred. (If the new holiday is of greater value, you can top it up, or if it is of lesser value, we will issue you a credit note for the difference.)
We have also added Porta Pottis and solar showers to our list of optional extras, so that if you want to be entirely self-sufficient you can.
So you can be confident that you will either:
1) take your holiday and have a fantastic time, because you can!
2) be unable to go because of the government restrictions and so change it to another date, go later and have a fantastic time…
3) get a full refund minus any card processing fees and then do something else whilst staying at home.
We will be working to ensure we follow government guidelines and that our vehicles and handovers are as safe as possible.
Please let us know if you have any queries about any of this. We thank you for your support in these challenging times. Stay safe!